Are Fireworks Allowed In Your Neighborhood?

Navigating the world of fireworks, especially around celebrations like the Fourth of July, can often be a bit of a minefield. Different towns and counties have different rules, and knowing what’s legal and what’s not in your area is crucial.

Celebrations involving fireworks can be exciting and joyful, but they also come with a responsibility to ensure safety and legality. As these regulations can change, always contact your local authorities to determine what is legal in your area before purchasing or discharging fireworks. Understanding and respecting these laws helps ensure everyone can enjoy the festivities safely and responsibly.

Deer Park & Spokane County
In Deer Park, personal fireworks are permitted within city limits on private property, given that the owner has provided permission. Fireworks can be purchased on July 3rd and 4th from 7am to 8pm​​. Fireworks can only be used on July 4th from noon until midnight. Personal fireworks are not permitted on city or school property, including streets, parks, and fields. Violations could result in confiscation of fireworks, fines, and potentially an arrest.

The Deer Park Fireworks Group on Facebook has created a handout regarding where fireworks can be used. Click the button below to download. 

Deer Park Fireworks on Facebook

However, in the broader Spokane County, fireworks are only allowed on private property in specific towns, which include Airway Heights, Deer Park, and Medical Lake.

Stevens County & Communities
For Clayton, Loon Lake, and other towns in Stevens County, there are no specific restrictions on fireworks except for the city of Springdale, where they are forbidden. 

Buying Fireworks
In Washington State, safety is paramount when it comes to fireworks. It’s strongly advised to only purchase fireworks from a licensed and permitted stand, such as those located inside Deer Park City Limits. Fireworks sold on reservations often include certain types of fireworks that state law prohibits, such as firecrackers, bottle rockets, skyrockets, and missiles. High-powered devices such as M-80s, M-100s, altered fireworks, and homemade devices are also prohibited due to their potential to cause devastating injuries.

Also, avoid fireworks if safety warnings or instructions are missing or if the item appears homemade or otherwise abnormal. If you encounter a device you suspect may be illegal or unsafe, contact your local law enforcement agency or the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.


Featured Sponsor
Thank You For Your Support!

Share this!

Featured Sponsor
Thank You For Your Support!

Share this!

Featured Sponsor
Thank You For Your Support!

Read more news.

Subscribe to our emails

Use the form below to sign up to receive news via email at no cost to you.

Read & Support The

Local news to keep you informed and entertained. The Deer Park Gazette is locally owned and operated. When you support the Deer Park Gazette, you support local writers and photographers.