Major projects are being led by city council members to prepare Deer Park, Washington for the future. Upcoming reports will shed light on the issues facing our city and questions that will need to be answered.
The regular business portion of the meeting was brief, with the council quickly approving the budget for next year. The new budget does not require increasing property taxes. The council also approved some changes to local laws regarding RV parks; the primary purpose behind the changes was the result of legal changes at the state level.
Wrapping up the first phase of the Law Enforcement task force, Jason Upchurch stated that a report will be presented at the next city council meeting. The report will include the results of a survey that was sent to residents a few months ago.
City Hall Building
Over a hundred years old, the City Hall Building requires some significant work. At the next city council meeting, Caleb Stapp will share a report from the architects that have been evaluating the current building. Some urgent issues with the building have been identified and need to be addressed right away.
A growing problem in Spokane may soon impact Deer Park. Naomi Diaz is starting work to address homelessness in Deer Park before it becomes a problem. She will work with Jason Upchurch and the city attorney to develop ordinances to address the issue.
Watch the video at the bottom or click a link to view a portion of the meeting that is interesting to you.
- 00:00 – Call to Order & Roll Call
- 00:25 – Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance
- 01:40 – Approval of Agenda & Meeting Minutes
- 02:25 – Public Hearings – Ad Valorem Taxes & City Revenue
- 02:50 – New Business – Deer Park Airport Sewer Design
- 04:15 – New Business – Sixth St Water Reservoir Change Order
- 05:35 – Ordinances – Amendments to RV Parks(Third Reading)
- 07:55 – Ordinances – Ad Valorem Taxes(Second Reading & Waive Third Reading)
- 09:05 – Ordinances – City Budget 2023 (First Reading)
- 09:20 – Consent Agenda
- 10:25 – Report of Departments – Darold Schultz, Airport Manager
- 11:00 – Report of Departments – Roger Krieger, City Manager
- 13:50 – Council Member Reports – Jason Upchurch
- 17:10 – Council Member Reports – Caleb Stapp
- 18:05 – Council Member Reports – Naomi Diaz
- 19:10 – Comments from Audience