Classic cars, music, and local vendors will be taking over The Old Drag Strip at the Deer Park Airport during Memorial weekend.
This free outdoors family friendly event will be offering entertainment while still maintaining some social distance. The event is sponsored by the Deer Park Car Club. Gates will open to the public at 9am. For those who want to show their cars the organizers are asking participants to be there by 8am. One of the featured vehicles for the event’s car show will be the amphibious vehicle “Duck” owned by Matthew Knox. They are expecting more than 80 vendors for this event.
Save the date!
- May 29th
- 9am -3pm
There will be live music throughout the day.
- 9am -10am – Deer Park High School band which will kick off the event with the National Anthem
- 10am – 1pm – Anthony Williams with “Upriver Drive”
- 2pm-3pm – Local Musician “Hazel”
There will be no reason to go home for lunch because they will have you covered. Two things they are highlighting for food are:
- The Deer Park High School Band which will be selling hot dogs, ½lb cinnamon rolls from Bake My Day, and cold brew coffee from Pickett Fence.
- Cotton candy and an ice cream truck
All vendors are welcome and can come as early as 6:30am. Each vendor space is $20 to be paid for at the gate.
The entrance is off of Missile Site Road which is two miles East of Deer Park on Deer Park Milan Road. There is about 1/4 mile of dirt road at the entrance so they ask that you drive 10 mph to prevent too much dust.
Organizers want to remind people not to go beyond caution tape or road barriers. As this event is taking place at an active airport, they also request that people be respectful of and adhere to all FAA regulations.