I hope this letter finds you well.
There was no “business as usual” for the Green House Food Bank in 2022. We experienced a lot of changes, expected and unexpected. I’m proud of the resilience of our team and clients. I’m thankful for the steady and generous support of our local community.
- I started as new director in February.
- Plumbing problems in the food-distribution house in September moved all operations to the warehouse.
- Most of our food storage was moved off site, requiring new food management systems.
- We didn’t miss a day of client service because of these changes.
“What about the house?” We won’t move food distribution back into the house. Our Board of Directors is currently considering options for building a new food distribution center.
In 2023 so far:
- We are thankful for consistently full shelves that provide about 29,000 pounds of food each month for our neighbors in need.
- Through grants and donations, our basic operating expenses are funded.
- We are able to offer energy assistance through Avista and Catholic Charities grant funding.
- We are seeing an increase in new clients of about 5 new families each service day.
Now into my second year as director, I wholeheartedly say, “The honeymoon is not over.” The GreenHouse is a strong organization and I’m thankful to be part of this talented and caring team.
Please consider these ways you can help:
- By a one-time financial donation
- Monthly donations are extra helpful.
- Volunteer with us on site.
- Volunteer as a board member.
- Offer suggestions/ideas for upgrading GreenHouse facilities.
- And talk with me about other ideas.
We hope to raise $12,000 through this annual campaign request. Your donation will go into our general fund to be used to meet our most urgent needs. Please join me in giving to this great cause.
Will you consider donating between $30 and $3,000? Any gift inside or outside this range would be fine.
The GreenHouse team, board of directors, and I deeply appreciate your care and support. Thank you for helping us provide food and resources for a great many families right here in our Deer Park community.
Elizabeth Fitzgerald, Director
Letters to the Editor are not edited or corrected for content or grammar.