Deer Park School District map showing all four Director Areas.
Applications are currently being accepted for an open position on the Deer Park School District Board, pending the resignation of Greg Schuler as Board of Director (Area 1).
Deer Park School District’s Board of Directors is accepting applications to fill a vacancy on the board representing Director Area 1. Greg Schuler is currently holding this position but has handed in his resignation. The board will officially accept Mr. Schuler’s resignation at their meeting on November 14th, 2022. A replacement will be appointed from the applicants; the chosen candidate will serve as the Area 1 representative until the next regularly scheduled board election in November 2023.
Applicants interested in serving the remainder of the term must reside in Director Area 1.
If you have questions about whether a specific address is within the limits of Director Area #1, please contact Superintendent Travis Hanson at (509)464-5500.
A school board director’s list of duties, including by not limited to, is as follows:
- Providing input on and approving the District’s strategic plan/direction
- Hiring and evaluating the Superintendent
- Making decisions on property acquisitions/sales
- Approving contracts
- Authorizing bids and expenditures
- Approving school budgets
- Approving the district’s core curriculum
- Providing general governance and oversight of all district operations
The authority of individual board members is limited to participating in actions taken by the board as a whole when legally in session. Board members do not assume the responsibilities of administrators or other district employees. All business of the Board of Directors is conducted in open public meetings except for matters legally allowed to be discussed in Closed or Executive Sessions.
How To Apply
Information about the selection process, including all necessary paperwork, is available using the following link: Deer Park School District Board Vacancy Selection Packet.
Interested candidates can also pick up the packet of materials at the Deer Park School District office between 7:30am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Dates Of Importance:
- December 5th by 4:00pm: Application Due
- The four remaining school board members will review candidate materials the week of December 5th.
- December 12th: Board members plan to conduct interviews with chosen finalists
- January 9th, 2023: The candidate selected for appointment to the board will be sworn in at the board’s meeting.
If you have questions about the open seat or the duties and obligations of school board directors, please reach out to Superintendent Travis Hanson at (509)464-5500.
Completed Materials Can Be Submitted By:
Superintendent Travis Hanson at [email protected]
Deer Park School District
Superintendent – Travis W. Hanson
PO Box 490
Deer Park, WA 99006
Hand Deliver during regular business hours to:
Deer Park School District Central Office
428 N Main St,
Deer Park, WA 99006
- “Board of Directors Announce Vacancy in Director District #1 – Deer Park School District.” Deer Park School District, 4 November 2022, https://www.dpsd.org/9432-2/. Accessed 8 November 2022.