In a devastating turn of events, Major Crimes Detectives from the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office are currently probing a fatal shooting in the Deer Park area that claimed a child’s life, leaving a family in grief.
WinterFest’s 38th annual celebration planning is in full swing, organized by the Deer Park Kiwanis and the Winterfest Committee. The event will be held on January 14th at various locations throughout Deer Park; however, the central area will be at the Deer Park High School at 800 S. Weber Road. The current tentative schedule has some WinterFest classics like an outhouse race, a craft and vendor fair, an art show, a 5k Footrace, 1-mile Fun Run, a lego contest, a chess tournament, and many more we have grown to love. There are also new things like a snowman building contest, snowman building relay, snow obstacle course, and kids’ remote control car races. All activities will be wrapped up by 4:00pm on that day.
The Snowman Building contest starts days before January 14th, with judging anytime between January 11th and the 13th. The winner will be announced during Winterfest. First Place wins a portion of the entry fees & the “Golden Carrot Trophy,” with the balance of net fees benefiting the Deer Park Greenhouse. All you have to do is build a snowman in your yard and register to be judged.
You’ll be able to check back often to see new information, entry forms, and schedules as they become available.
WinterFest 2023 Forms and Schedules:
- Vendor Application Form (Hold Harmless Agreement also Attached to the form)(Printable)
- Space sizes: 10’ x 10’
- Current fee: $50 per space until full
- Hold Harmless Agreement (Printable)
- 5K and 1 Mile Frostbite Footrace (Printable) (Online)
- WinterFest Snowman Contest (Online)
- WinterFest Scholastic Chess Tournament (Flyer) (Online Registration)
- WinterFest Outhouse Race (Printable)
- WinterFest Schedule (Printable) Updated January 2nd, 2023 (Schedule is subject to change)
This is a third party event.
The Deer Park Gazette is not responsible for errors, omissions, changes, and/or cancelations. This event does not necessarily reflect the position of the Deer Park Gazette or its staff.