Embrace the community spirit at Deer Park’s annual Pumpkin Lane celebration this weekend. This year’s event boasts an extensive list of participating businesses. After Pumpkin Lane, people can enjoy hearty dinners, live music, and even a haunting experience at Deer Park Drama’s Haunted Halls.
Pumpkin Lane is a celebration that brings the community together in a spirited display of cheer on October 28th from 1pm – 4pm. This year, the event boasts an extensive list of over one hundred participating businesses, ranging from well-known names to new additions that have recently set up shop in Deer Park.
Some of the companies that are not located near the action will set up stops along Main and Crawford Street. All will have candy or treats for the kids and maybe even a goodie for Mom and Dad to enjoy as well.
Just Some Of The Engaging Activities
Aside from the bustling array of businesses, Pumpkin Lane offers a host of engaging activities. Pumpkin Lane is set to provide a variety of entertaining activities for attendees of all ages.
- Mascots Smokey The Bear, hosted by the Fire Station, Dexter the Stag from Deer Park High School, and Chazzy the Hedgehog of the Deer Park CHAS Clinic will all be present.
- The Deer Park Float will be stationed at Yoke’s, offering a chance to meet our princesses.
- There will be a car seat check event from 9am to noon at Fire Station 41.
- Starting at noon, Precious Metals Collision Center will host a car show at W. 111 First St. for car enthusiasts. This event will also feature a truck or treat for added excitement.
- Grrs ‘n’ Purrs Grooming invites pet owners to participate in a lively pet costume contest at Sculley’s Lube Center on 33 W. Crawford Street.
- Both Farmhouse Froyo and 5 North have set up photo booths outdoors, providing an opportunity for memorable snapshots. Additionally, Farmhouse Froyo has created a spooky tunnel experience for visitors to enjoy.
- The Local Realtors, located at 830 S Main St (Edward Jones Financial), will host face painting and a raffle in addition to their candy.
- Pickett Fence has a mystery to solve based on the movie Toy Story. Visit their Facebook page to learn about the crime, suspects, and clues. Guesses can be turned in this Saturday at Pumpkin Lane from 1pm – 4pm. All correct accusations will go into a drawing, and one lucky sleuth will win a $50 Pickett Fence Gift Card and a tumbler of their choice. Facebook.com/pickettfencecoffee.
- Hot Diggity Dog Boarding will provide free hot dogs while supplies last. They will be located next to the Chas Clinic.
- V.F.W Post 3067 will be open to the public activities in their parking lot during the primary events time.
- Tractor and Clydesdale drawn hay rides will ferry families from one end of town to another.
- Loren and Jody Lentz from Lazy L Ranch and Farm Service
- John Harris from Deer Park Veterinarian
- Chris Phillips
- Mike and Teri Sadinia and their incredible horses
Thanks to Knights Construction, porta-potties will be available at:
- Napa Auto Parts
- Rozy’z Hot Shotz (Main Street location)
- Salty Dog Eatery
- Double Eagle Pawn
- Les Schwab
After the main Pumpkin Lane event, there are several things for the grown-ups to enjoy as well.
- V.F.W Post 3067 will offer dinner from 5pm – 7pm of classic chili, white chicken chili, cornbread, and dessert. Anthony Williams Upriver Drive will be playing from 5:30pm – 8:30pm at this location.
- Masters Brewhouse will have an adults-only costume contest and a musical performance by Shawna Nicholson and Trevor Murch starting at 9pm. Masters Brewhouse advises you to make a reservation to secure your spot for this party.
- Deer Park Drama’s Haunted Halls event will finish off their two-night running at the Deer Park High School. The Haunted Halls runs from 6pm – 8pm both nights. Admission is by donation. Funds go to support the DPHS Drama Club. They do not recommend this event for small children.
Deer Park’s Pumpkin Lane event is huge. Street Parking will be limited, roads will be narrow, and foot traffic will be extreme. Many children and adults participate in this every year. As a driver, please drive carefully and, if possible, avoid this area.
Pumpkin Lane is more than just a community event; it showcases Deer Park’s vibrant spirit. With abundant activities, an array of participating businesses, and a thrilling mystery to solve, this year’s event promises to be one for the books. So mark your calendars, and don’t miss this spooktacular celebration.