Each month’s prompt will be in the newspaper and on Facebook. Our favorite stories will be published the following month. Responses will be judged on creativity and the ability to communicate a story. Submit your six-word story by the 25th of each month.
Our last prompt was “Times You Needed A Fire Extinguisher.” Here are some of our favorites:
- Only when I have known better. – Susan K
- Redlining a car, went too far. – Joseph T.
- Shouldn’t have tried that at home… – Maxine W.
- Charred bacon stuck to the pan. – Marie D.
- First time cooking: is it hard? – Joesph B.
- Final step becoming a foster parent. – Monica V.
- Ramen, forgot water: microwave three minutes – Alexia E.
- Before the flames engulfed the house – Vicki S.
- My first date with my husband. Judy M.
- Jet plane in chimney was loud. – Jeff C.
- Ice cream served aflame. That’s new. – Roxey Z.
- When my smokin’ hot wife appears. – Jake A.
For this month’s prompt, write a six-word story about: What The Dog Said to the Cat. Submit your six-word stories:
- On our Facebook page
- By email to [email protected]
- Six Word Stories – Deer Park Gazette
- PO Box 1581
- Deer Park, WA 99006