Come on out to Clayton on August 3rd for the 36th annual Brickyard Day, for a day filled with food, fun, and exceptional entertainment. Here is a short list of the adventures to be had at the celebration.
- Run a 5K
- Feast on pancakes, eggs, and sausage at the Grange
- Watch a wonderful old fashioned parade (snag some candy while you’re there!)
- Grab a free helium balloon
- Learn about Clayton’s and Deer Park’s rich history at the Clayton/Deer Park Historical Society display at the Clayton School
- Stuff the Bus with school supplies
- Visit with friends and neighbors
- Listen to Justin James LIVE
- Win a sweet treat at the silent dessert auction
- Join your kids on the slip and slide
- Enjoy a hamburger or hotdog
- Look for Clayton Royalty who will be handing out free ice cream treats courtesy of the Washington Dairy Association
- And finally, head back to the Clayton Grange at sunset for a free family friendly outdoor movie!
This year, Clayton honors Leno Prestini, one of the most talented, though eccentric figures in Clayton’s history. The stunning 2019 Brickyard Day T-shirt features one of Leno’s paintings, titled, “Doors of Life”, courtesy of the Stevens County Historical Society and the Prestini Estate.
You can learn more about Leno Prestini by visiting the Clayton/Deer Park Historical Society’s (CDPHS) display which will be set up at the Clayton School. Additionally, visit the exceptional website, www.cdphs.org, which features an entire section dedicated to Prestini’s life, art, and legacy.
Events and Entertainment
Our live entertainment this year will feature one of the most talented young performers to come out of our region, Justin James LIVE! Justin will be on stage at the old Clayton School from 11 AM until 2 PM during Brickyard Day 2019. Justin is a nationally recognized musician and entertainer with fans galore. Come see him perform and find out why so many people across the country flock to his shows. You may visit his website, www.justinjamesLIVE.com for more information.
Look for flyers at local businesses throughout Deer Park, Clayton, Loon Lake, and Springdale for parade entry forms, fun run entry forms, and further information about planned activities throughout the day. Also, visit the Facebook page, facebook.com/brickyardday with photos of past Brickyard Day events and other information about this year’s celebration.
Shirts featuring honored citizen Leno Prestini’s painting will be available at Yoke’s Fresh Market in Deer Park, and will also be on sale at the Clayton Deer Park Historical Society’s booth during Settler’s Day, and at the Clayton School during Brickyard Day.
Mark your calendar to be in Clayton on August 3, so you don’t miss out!
- Brickyard Day 5K Fun Run. (Bring your dog if it’s not too hot out!)
- 8 – 10am
- Breakfast at the Grange
- 9am – 11am
- Clayton/Deer Park Historical Society display at the old Clayton School.
- Brickyard Day Parade (Lots of grandeur, candy, and balloons!!!)
- Games for Children, slip-n-slide, find the gold brick, and more at the Clayton School
- 11am – 1pm
- Silent Dessert Auction begins (pies, cookies, treats galore. All proceeds help support future Brickyard Day celebrations!)
- Stuff The Bus (Help local families in need of school supplies get essential items so children of all economic backgrounds have what they need to realize academic success!)
- Brickyard Day picnic at the Clayton School! (Delicious hamburgers, hotdogs, and a variety of side dishes to enjoy while you listen to Justin James LIVE!)
- Free family friendly outdoor movie in the vacant lot next to the Grange. (2019 marks 50-years since man first landed on the moon…this year’s movie may inspire young minds to study the stars, or maybe even visit them!)