Each month’s prompt will be in the newspaper and on Facebook. Our favorite stories will be published the following month. Responses will be judged on creativity and the ability to communicate a story. Submit your six-word story by the 25th of each month.
Our last prompt was “Being Lost In The Storm”. Here are some of our favorites:
- Waiting for Saint Bernard with Brandy. – Dale M.
- Each snow-laden tree looked identical. – Meegan W.
- Cold, white blindness, knows no kindness – Patty H.
- Cold panic, warm dog, life saved. – Janna F.
- Just the norm for Deer Park. – Jodee U.
- Had a fantastic shortcut… Damn Siri. – Marty J.
- And then… we needed hot cocoa. – Drew K.
- Back roads! Deep snow! No gas!!! – David L.
- Scared, frightened, lightning striking, I’m screaming! – Joeli T.
- When can I have hot chocolate? – Elizabeth S.
- Oh Rudolf, I need your nose! – Maxine W.
- In red letters on snow: SOS. – Sheila M.
- Stay calm… we’re all gonna die! – Gerrit C.
- I wanna withdrawal from the Snow Bank. – Zann F.
For this month’s prompt, write a six-word story about: April Fools. Submit your six-word stories:
Six Word Stories – Deer Park Gazette
PO Box 1581
Deer Park, WA 99006