Drivers should allow extra travel time and stay alert as US 395 traffic shifts onto a new temporary bypass as part of ongoing roundabout construction. Work on the temporary Short/Main Street bypass is underway and US 395 traffic will be shifted onto the bypass on Thursday, June 21.
Once the shift takes place:
- The Main Street intersection at US 395 will be reopened for northbound off- and on- access only.
- Access to and from US 395 at Short Road will be closed.
- Businesses remain open along Short Road and Main Street.
- US 395 will be reduced to advisory speeds of 25 mph.
- Revisions will stay in place until the roundabout opens to traffic in mid-July.
The roundabout work takes place Monday-Friday of each week; travelers should expect construction delays between 9am and 3pm during those days and evenings after 6pm until 6am the following day. Work schedules and information subject to change.