Council approved accepting Covid funds for use in water upgrades. The City Hall Task Force provided a tour and outlined the next steps. Discussion about improving the visual appearance of the city arose throughout the meeting.
American Rescue Plan
Over half a million dollars will be provided to the city as part of the American Rescue Plan. The purpose of the American Rescue Plan is to help the country recover from the financial impacts of Covid. The funds will be used for water infrastructure upgrades and maintenance that were already in the works. By accepting these funds, the city hopes to keep water rates as affordable as possible long into the future.
City Hall Task Force
After the March 15th meeting concluded, a tour of the main floor and basement level was provided at City Hall. The third floor was deemed unsafe to tour. At the April 5th meeting, the City Hall Task Force will present two options for the future of the Deer Park City Hall. An open house will be held on April 19th from 4pm to 6pm for the public to look at the options and ask questions.
A common theme throughout the meeting was improving the city’s appearance. The Deer Park Chamber of Commerce is in the early stages of a “Front Porch” effort to upgrade the most visible entrances to the city and primary corridors. Anyone that wants to volunteer should contact the chamber at 509-276-5900 for more information.
Watch the video at the bottom or click a link to view a portion of the meeting that interests you.
- 00:00 – Call to Order & Roll Call
- 00:25 – Invocation & Pledge of Allegiance
- 01:30 – Approval of Agenda & Meeting Minutes
- 02:10 – Comments From Audience
- 07:40 – New Business – American Rescue Plan
- 11:00 – Consent Agenda
- 11:45 – Report of Departments – Jake Barlass Building Inspector/Code Enforcement
- 13:35 – Report of Departments – Brad Wainwright Parks/Streets
- 14:40 – Report of Departments – Darold Schultz Airport Manager
- 15:00 – Report of Departments – Roger Krieger, Community Service Director
- 23:40 – Council Member Report – Jason Upchurch Law Enforcement Task Force
- 24:10 – Council Member Report – Caleb Stapp City Hall Task Force